What is the PTFA?
We are simply a group of parents, friends and teachers who wish to make our village school a place where our children’s education is fun, modern and inspiring.
The PTFA is a registered charity. We are members of Parentkind and insured by Zurich. We take an active role in supporting the school and provides special funding for the school while building some great friendships and having fun along the way!
EVERY parent/carer automatically becomes a member of the PTFA which is led by a committee who are elected each year at the Annual General Meeting.
The 2020 Committee are:
Co Chairs: Vikki Nesbitt and Jen Davey
Treasurer: David Edgar
Secretary: Becky Henderson
What are the aims of the PTFA?
To raise money for the benefit of every pupil.
To enable and support a good partnership between parents and teachers, home and school.
To work towards building links with the local community and business to support our aims.
To organise social events.
How does your child benefit?
The PTFA funds and supports school activities, materials, resources and facilitates the purchase/maintenance of equipment.
- Make a difference in your child’s educational experience!
- Get involved as much or as little as you like, here are some suggestions:
- Pop along to one our monthly meetings, meet other parents, hear what’s going on, share your ideas. We discuss fundraising initiatives, plan events and consider expenditure requests. No obligation to attend every meeting. Your contribution is invaluable.
- Claim MatchFunding from your employer.
- Volunteer to co-orindate a specific event or lend a hand.
- Let us know if you have specific skills or contacts we would benefit from.
- Let us know when you can help (eg: after drop off / do something at home).
- Become a Class Representative: attend the monthly PTFA meeting, encourage & coordinate helpers from your class for events, share ideas, feedback or raise queries parents may have.
A big welcome back to all families and a massive hello to all new ones from the PTFA!
To all the parents and carers with children in reception, we've set up a dedicated Facebook group where we'll keep you up-to-date with all PTFA stuff and specific reception info. Search 'September 2020 Intake' to join (link https://m.facebook.com/groups/274356203664587?_rdr). We're also on the hunt for 4 parent class reps, two each from Cheetahs and Leopards, so if you'd like to get involved we'd love to hear from you. Contact us via the FB group or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
To everyone, hopefully you'll have seen the update sent out earlier this week. Due to the current situation we will struggle to raise funds through our usual methods this academic year (events etc) so we need to be more creative. If you have a great fundraising idea please get in touch. We have a few ideas (more info soon) but it's definitely a case of the more, the merrier.
In the meantime, you can make a massive difference by starting all online shopping via AmazonSmile (https://smile.amazon.co.uk/) and Easy Fundraising (https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/). It costs you nothing and helps raise vital funds, which we will put towards new books and iPads for the children.
You can also join the fantastic School Lottery from just £1 a week (https://www.yourschoollottery.co.uk/play and search Headcorn School PTFA). There are lots of amazing prizes to be won, including a family ticket for 4 to visit the Harry Potter Studio.
Keep in Touch:
Facebook Page: Headcorn School PTFA