What is the PTFA?
We are simply a group of parents, friends and teachers who wish to make our village school a place where our children’s education is fun, modern and inspiring.
The PTFA is a registered charity. We are members of Parentkind and insured by Zurich. We take an active role in supporting the school and provides special funding for the school while building some great friendships and having fun along the way!
EVERY parent/carer automatically becomes a member of the PTFA which is led by a committee who are elected each year at the Annual General Meeting.
The 2018 Committee are:
Chair: Lizell Williams
Vice Chair: Vacancy
Treasurer: Karen Lamb
Secretary: Marie (Maz) Stack
What are the aims of the PTFA?
To raise money for the benefit of every pupil.
To enable and support a good partnership between parents and teachers, home and school.
To work towards building links with the local community and business to support our aims.
To organise social events.
How does your child benefit?
The PTFA funds and supports school activities, materials, resources and facilitates the purchase/maintenance of equipment.
Make a difference in your child’s educational experience!
Get involved as much or as little as you like, here are some suggestions:
• Pop along to one our monthly meetings, meet other parents, hear what’s going on, share your ideas. We discuss fundraising initiatives, plan events and consider expenditure requests. No obligation to attend every meeting. Your contribution is invaluable.
• Claim MatchFunding from your employer
• Volunteer to co-orindate a specific event or lend a hand.
• Let us know if you have specific skills or contacts we would benefit from
• Let us know when you can help (eg: after drop off / do something at home)
• Become a Class Representative: attend the monthly PTFA meeting, encourage & coordinate helpers from your class for events, share ideas, feedback or raise queries parents may have.
Your choice of shopping can raise valuable funds too …
Join easyfundraising for feel good shopping! Whenever you buy something online you could be collecting free donations for our charity. Sign up for FREE at www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/headcornschool
Order discounted name tags and labels at www.mine4sure.com using our unique code: HEA1377 & earn 15% commission for the PTFA
Order labelling stamps at www.stamptastic.co.uk using our unique code TN279TQ – the PTFA will receive 20% commission towards fundraising efforts.
We have launched our own School Lottery. You can join the action for just £1 a week and itis really easy to buy your tickets online. YOU’VE GOT TO BE IN IT TO WIN IT!
Visit: https://www.yourschoollottery.co.uk/play . Search for Headcorn School PTFA.
There are so many different ways you can get involved to fit in with a busy lifestyle!
Keep in Touch:
Facebook Page: Headcorn School PTFA